Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Future-Proof Education



I am currently reading "Stop Stealing Dreams" by Seth Godin.  This free e book tackles the question "What is school for?" and is based on the premise that the economy has changed forever but school hasn't.  If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can find it here.


There are an abundance of points that resonate with me.  I thought I'd share my favorite quote so far below: 


"The two pillars of a future-proof education: 
# 1 Teach kids how to lead. 
# 2 Help them learn to solve interesting problems."


I couldn't agree more with those two pillars.  How do we build schools around those pillars?  That is a definitely a question to tackle in future posts.  


Download your copy and join the worldwide dialogue around "What is school for?".

No comments:

Post a Comment