Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Kids Can't Wait!

"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. 
You have an obligation to change it. 
You just do it one step at a time."
 - Marian Edelman



There has been a lot of talk about reform and what needs to be done in education.  I spend a lot of time thinking about next steps in the field of education.  I'm a strong advocate for reform and I believe that we need to make some major changes in the way we approach learning, assessment, etc.  While I believe that change needs to occur; my kids can't wait for it to happen on a national level.  As a teacher and a leader I have an obligation to make it happen today.  We need to make it happen locally and grow it nationally.

We are committed to showing people what education should look like.  We will continue to aim for targets that are much higher and more rigorous than any standardized test score.  My kids deserve that today.  Don't wait for national reform.  Start a movement today! What would be your first step? B

No comments:

Post a Comment